While Kevin and I were trying to figure out the stupid diaper pail system AND try to find the refills that go with it, I put JT down in his crib while I was sprawled out on the floor. Much to our dismay, he loves it. He is just laying there staring at yet another boring item - the blue bumper to the crib. I guess it's visually stimulating after staring at the white wall of the bedroom for the last 2 long weeks.
After the three of us gave up looking for the refills, we set about trying to shove the bag system back into the little circle that it came in. I was just about finished shoving it all in there when I realized that it was backwards. Now my blood is boiling and I'm starting to sweat. I'm irritated at the sheer stupidity of this contraption. Was I so good that I needed a fancy garbage can? Guess so.
Kevin came in and figured out a way to make it work. So again we were shoving plastic baggie stuff into a plastic circle. To top off the adventure we couldn't get the top half of the container to fit on the bottom half...something with the hinge. Who knew plastic hinges could be such a pain?
Diaper pail figured out, we looked into the crib and noticed he was still just staring at the bumper. No crying, no herky jerky Moro Reflex moves. Just a content little baby. So I unplugged the diaper warmer; sorry Lee - it just dries them out. We're going to save it for the winter time when he'll really be in need of warm wipes on his bum. Anyhoo, I plugged in the baby monitor and came out into the living room. "Oh, he's all grown up, sleeping in his own room".
I am such a mom. I've heard people say they get sad after putting baby to sleep in their own room. I know the feeling. It's not really sad but my heart did a little twinge when I backed out of the room. It's not any different than if I'd put him down in his carseat or his playpen thingee, right? But at least I'm not waking up to see if he's breathing. Although now that I mention it, it's not such a bad idea....
So today has been rough on me. Actually, last night and my son were rough on me. He would eat for nearly an hour, fuss for 30 and sleep for 30 before waking up for more craziness. I gave up trying to get him to sleep anywhere but in the bed next to me. I was especially upset because I was going to be getting a backrub from Kevin but due to JT's behavior, that idea was quickly shot down. Instead, I stayed awake most of the night with the throbbing pain in my lower back. Who knew cradling a baby could give you such pains?
No, we haven't found the refills yet.
Sunday, April 9, 2006
He's all grown up
While Kevin and I were trying to figure out the stupid diaper pail system AND try to find the refills that go with it, I put JT down in his crib while I was sprawled out on the floor. Much to our dismay, he loves it. He is just laying there staring at yet another boring item - the blue bumper to the crib. I guess it's visually stimulating after staring at the white wall of the bedroom for the last 2 long weeks.
After the three of us gave up looking for the refills, we set about trying to shove the bag system back into the little circle that it came in. I was just about finished shoving it all in there when I realized that it was backwards. Now my blood is boiling and I'm starting to sweat. I'm irritated at the sheer stupidity of this contraption. Was I so good that I needed a fancy garbage can? Guess so.
Kevin came in and figured out a way to make it work. So again we were shoving plastic baggie stuff into a plastic circle. To top off the adventure we couldn't get the top half of the container to fit on the bottom half...something with the hinge. Who knew plastic hinges could be such a pain?
Diaper pail figured out, we looked into the crib and noticed he was still just staring at the bumper. No crying, no herky jerky Moro Reflex moves. Just a content little baby. So I unplugged the diaper warmer; sorry Lee - it just dries them out. We're going to save it for the winter time when he'll really be in need of warm wipes on his bum. Anyhoo, I plugged in the baby monitor and came out into the living room. "Oh, he's all grown up, sleeping in his own room".
I am such a mom. I've heard people say they get sad after putting baby to sleep in their own room. I know the feeling. It's not really sad but my heart did a little twinge when I backed out of the room. It's not any different than if I'd put him down in his carseat or his playpen thingee, right? But at least I'm not waking up to see if he's breathing. Although now that I mention it, it's not such a bad idea....
So today has been rough on me. Actually, last night and my son were rough on me. He would eat for nearly an hour, fuss for 30 and sleep for 30 before waking up for more craziness. I gave up trying to get him to sleep anywhere but in the bed next to me. I was especially upset because I was going to be getting a backrub from Kevin but due to JT's behavior, that idea was quickly shot down. Instead, I stayed awake most of the night with the throbbing pain in my lower back. Who knew cradling a baby could give you such pains?
No, we haven't found the refills yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We were both so happy to meet JT! He is adorable, and now I have two boyfriends!!! I can only imagine what it would be like to have your baby sleep in him own bed for the first time, but think of it this way.....it only leads to more sleeping nights for mommy.
We both love all of y'all.
Katharine and Bill
Post a Comment