Wednesday, April 12, 2006
On our own
It's almost 11 pm and I'm happy to announce that we didn't burn anything down or loose our kid on this, our first day of being a family without any outside help.
Granted, I haven't even been out of bed for a complete 12 hours and this is about the time Mr. JT really starts to wake up and carry on.
Okay, there's been a 38 minute delay since my last sentence. I thought I had until midnight until the next feeding. I was wrong. Again. So now I've resorted to typing with him propped in front of me because tonight I will have to sleep after this round if he's going to be eating every hour. It's the return of Cluster Feeding for his 3 week growth spurt.
In a way it seems like we've had our baby for much longer than this. A young lady at the restaurant last night asked how old he was and I had to stop for a second. "A little less than 3 weeks". I'm sure 20 days would have been a fine answer but that's cutting it close to what I swore I wouldn't do. You know those people that answer the age of their child in months? For some reason that's also rubbed me the wrong way. Not that there's anything wrong with that! But when you're still accounting for your child's 4th year of life as his 48th month, I think you're going a little too far. Not to say that I won't become that parent. I just might and if I do, please remind me of what I'm doing. During this first year, the month indicator is important. After that it's time to stick to the basics: one year or a year and a half.
Neighborhood news: the people next door have a new little brown cow. I'm not sure how old he is, I can't imagine more than a few days, but his little legs are still wobbly and he does the cutest little hop, skip movement. He's going to be fun to watch grow up!
11:52 and the bugger is asleep so I'm going to try to unwind myself. We have another pediatrics appointment tomorrow for his 2 week (oops, make that 3) newborn deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate the whole "my child is 18 months and four days" thing too. but, i have to admit when i told mothers and other pregnant women how pregnant i was, i was VERY specific! i am so annoying!
Post a Comment