Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why did we wait so long?

I'm talking about the swing. The Aquarium Cradle Swing is the best thing ever. Save your money and skip buying a high chair - go for the swing now. You'll thank me some day. We've had this swing since before JT was here but for some reason we've left it in the back room until this morning. To think we could have been enjoying sleep for a couple extra hours. Not only does it swing forward and back, it swings from side to side. *giggle* My little Monkey has no idea he isn't in anyone's arms. (is that wrong of me to laugh at that?) The only concern I have is the speed on this thing. It's a 6 speed. And to watch him swinging in 1st gear is pretty crazy. It's going so far back it seems like it's going to dump him out. I can't imagine what 6th gear would do. I'm not even going to experiment with that one. Tonight we went out for dinner. Like Kevin said, It was nice eating without having to prepare it or clean up. I was about 5 minutes into my salad when JT starting squawking. I guess I lost most of my modesty in the hospital because all I did was turn to the side to lift my shirt and get him latched. I was quickly thrown a blanket to cover up with. (to my credit we were against a wall and at the end of the row, nobody would've seen a thing) I managed to stab the lettuce here and there and get most of it to my mouth. When my dinner came I felt like I was 6 years old because Kevin had to cut up the meat for me. But I'm not one to leave my food for too long - I scarfed the meat down as quick as I could and headed back to the buffet for a plate full of fruit. And ice cream! Our helper will be gone in the morning. She said her goodnights and goodbyes just a few minutes ago. I can't thank her enough for the help she gave in the last 3 weeks. But it's time for Kevin and I to settle into our own routine with JT. It's going to be a little scary but we're going to make it. I'm just thankful we have 3 wonderful Grandma's to help us if we need it. (We love you!) It's almost midnight. My little Monkey is still sleeping so I'm going to try to catch some zzz's before he wakes up at 1 for his next feeding. And tonight the swing is going in our room. P.S. New pictures will be posted tomorrow. P.S.S. Denise - I'm still working on getting the printer figured out! You will have your pictures soon.

2 comments:

Lora said...

The swing is the greatest baby invention ever! I think as they get heavier the swinging becomes less intense. At least I hope, because I've accidently hit the 5th speed button, and I'm lucky I still have a child who is in one piece!

Rinny said...

It's adorable, and so is my peanut!!!!
I love my boyfriend!!!!