Thursday, May 18, 2006
I'm never getting out of this house again
It appears that we're never going to make it out of the house. At this point it's okay because there's nothing fun going on in this house to record anyway.
Once again, the little muffin is refusing to nap and is feeding non-stop. He had two naps yesterday, woke up from the last one around one o'clock and feed near constantly from 6 until 11:30. At that point Kevin took him and warmed up a bottle while I went into the bedroom to cry from exhaustion and use the bathroom. I wanted to stay out of the front room so JT wouldn't fuss over me being there while he was fed with the bottle so I stayed in the bedroom. Mistake. Little spat between the two of us, I stayed in the room and cried some more. He went back to the front room. JT is still wailing. My head is going to explode. There's nothing left in my body to feed him (there is, but it feels like there isn't).
I walk out to see the 3 oz bottle I'd pumped that morning sitting on the coffee table. I'd been so proud to get that much out so soon in the day and now it was going to be garbage. No, he wouldn't take the bottle. I sat down with him and tried myself. Just more screaming. I can't win for losing.
I dropped the bottle back on the table and took him back to the bedroom. I took off my robe and got into bed and resigned myself to falling asleep eventually. JT latched on and drank, drank, drank, drank. And then he drank some more. But go to sleep he would not.
Kevin came in and got in bed next to me. I cried some more. We apologized to each other. We talked about our frustrating evening. We worried about our boy together who nursed until 2 am and finally fell asleep.
(Kevin just asked if I wanted to go to the store - I'm wavering)
JT woke me up at 6:30 so it wasn't a great nights sleep. Off to change his diaper and look to see if he'd pooped. It might be coincidence or it might just be that he's sick but since we tried the gas drops, he's having less dirty diapers. Either he's a victim to the drops, he's just sick or it's come to the time when we start having less and less of those. I don't know.
We came into the front room and started to nurse more on the couch. Together we napped for a couple hours and just finally finished feeding him and he's been asleep since noon. This is why I'm wavering. Will he dare be decent today? Or will we be subjected to more wailing and misery? I'll let you know tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
jake only poops once a day at the most. it is nice to have only pee diapers to clean most of the day, but when he poops, watch out!
also, the pediatrician says that she doesn't worry if breastfed babies don't poop unless they don't go for 14 days. wow. i can't imagine.
Post a Comment