Thursday, July 20, 2006

4 Months Big

The measurements are, in order, weight, length and head circumference. Birth 3/23/06 7lb 6oz 19.5 in 13.5 in 3 Weeks 4/13/06 -45th Percentile across the board 8lb 5oz 20.5 in 14.5 in 2 Months 5/23/06 -50th Percentile across the board 12lbs 1 oz 22.75 in 15.5 inches 4 months 7/20/06- All over the board 15 lbs 12 oz - 70% 24.5 in - 50% 17 in - 75 % "Look at the big brain on JT!" It just goes to show that I'm a horrible estimator of weight. I was guessing him to be 18 pounds and Kevin was even worse than me with a guess of 20. And I'm not to good on the brain measurement either - I yelled "90!" and was disappointed when she said it was the 75th. Oh well. I guess that means we just need to be doing more learning. Nothing wrong with a big brain! Dr. Chiapetta looked at his eyes, told him a story about the Tom Jones cd the office was listening to and then checked his ears. She didn't make any comment about any masses of wax in there so I must have done a better job at cleaning out his ears in the tub last night. Kevin flicked a bunch out the other day but what can you do? We're not "allowed" to use Q-Tips on him so it's a matter of getting him to keep his head still long enough to swish a wash cloth around there. I wonder if JT will love Q-Tips as much as his folks do? She poked and squished his belly. Checked out his boy parts and hips. She had JT grab her fingers and she pulled back. The newest little Mr. Universe kept his head level with his body and stood up for her. She looked back at us while he was holding himself upright and said, "wow, he's strong. He's using every muscle to do this...it's usually pretty tiring." Little does she know that he'd rather stand than sit. Another trait from me - can't sit still for long! JT was fond of the little mat they put under him on and decided it looked as good as it tasted. After eating one corner, he pulled both corners around him like a cape. After the round of shots, Kevin lifted him up and he still held onto it. The nurse nicknamed him Super Shooter. He slurped down the oral shot, did a whiney cry with the first 3 shots and then let out an "I'm pissed off!" cry with the final shot. 4 bandaids later, in his dad's arms with his cape and he was quiet. Not a tear fell. We were given the okay to start on rice cereal which we quickly rejected. He's fine on the boob juice and our plan is to keep him off solids for as long as possible. As the doc said, "he's certainly not needing any extra calories". heh heh. The pumping at work and nursing during home hours are working out just fine. In fact, I've got a supply in the freezer again which makes me feel less pressured. He rolls from his tummy to his back in a heartbeat and can get to either side from his back. I help him periodically getting all the way over so now he's getting better at getting the bottom arm out from underneath himself. He continues to spin in a circle on his back and is doing his best to polish off the rest of the baby hair. His eyes are not as vivid blue as they once were. They're more of a bluey-gray which I absolutely adore, although they can be super blue depending on what he's wearing. His teeth are still below sea level and I'm not worried about when they'll appear. He's not too fussy about it so neither are we. Sleep is getting better - he's averaging around 5-6 hours when he first goes down. There is no set bedtime yet since it depends on how his day went but the latest is 10, the earliest is 8. All in all he's a happy healthy baby. And that's as much as we can ask for.

No comments: