Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I've been inspired
Between my friend and her weight watchers, my bubbly co-worker who always seem to be on her way to "run" and my thighs rubbing together, I've decided it's time to start exercising in the morning when I get up with JT.
I hate it already.
Why? Because that means I have to get up at 7:15 in order to get everything done and still leave by 9:30. Let's be realistic here - 9:36. That includes a changing and dressing for JT, getting my breakfast, starting the coffee, playing with JT, feeding JT and putting him to nap, getting Kevin up and then getting myself ready for the day. If all goes according to schedule, or not - depending on how you look at it - I'm not jumping into the shower until 9:04 then deciding that I better shave my legs because I can't stand the bristle for one more second. Sheesh..
So I'm busting out the Pilates dvd I bought years ago. Mind you, the dvd was bought by accident. Only I would buy an exercise thing by accident. I'm not ready for anything high impact and this looks like a good way for me to stay interactive with Cheeks while he's down on the floor in the morning. I already anticipate the sore muscles and whining. This is the woman who was sore after floating down the river for 2 hours.
I like to justify my delay on exercise as getting in sync with my new body that's now a feeding machine. I was used to eating 1300 calories a day and now I was having a hard time balancing eating enough to produce and not overeating. My problem was not eating enough calories to meet my breastfeeding needs so I went to the other extreme and ate too many calories. I think I've finally found my balance.
So here's to all the ladies who are on their quest for better health, "jean shorts" and weekend girls get-togethers. You know who you are. *wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment