Low and behold, I finally come across a picture that resembles the mom. That's right, 794 pictures later and I can honestly say, "yeah, I can see a little of myself in him". I was loading them in the computer and had to go back and look at this first one. I had a strange feeling that I'd seen that pose before. It sunk in after about 5 minutes that it looks like the family picture taken in 1971 after I was adopted. It's a little spooky seeing someone that takes on a bit of yourself. Cool, but spooky.
How's the exercise going for you, my friend? I've gotten about 7 1/2 minutes invested on my end. And that consisted of some funky leg kicks, tricep work and glute contractions. Okay, you got me. I was doing the butt contractions while I was sitting on the couch watching Extreme Makeover. The trainer dude said the best exercise to lift your buns is to stand with your legs about hip width apart, feet turned out, contract your butt and hold for 3-5 seconds. Well, my legs were on the coffee table, hip length apart and feet turned out so I decided to go for it. I'm crazy that way. And truth be told, I feel a little soreness in my butt, my arms are a little sore and my legs feel like normal. I'm not impressed with my 7 minute work out but at least I did something. This weeks goal is 14 minutes. Excuse me while I hold my laughter in...
Not only is the kid my son, he's also my husbands son. Go figure, huh? For those of you that know us, we are a force to be reckoned with in Trivial Pursuit. Kevin was undefeated before we met and I had a little self doubt when we had our first match but we prevailed. We love our trivia. He can answer anything about anything historic, I can answer with the latest gossip and pop culture garbage. We love Jeapordy and from what I witnessed yesterday, so does JT. I miss out on the show during the week but they show a rerun on Saturday so I pretend it's a weekday and settle in with JT to a rousing 1/2 hour of trivia. Depending on the day, most of the time I'm just opening my mouth to say, "I don't know" when the contestant's already answered and saying, "Political Powerhouses for 400 please, Alex". Anyhoo, we missed most of the show yesterday but we tuned in just in time for the Final Jeapordy song. JT giggled and smiled at the television. I didn't think anything of it. Later that night I caught myself humming the tune and JT turned from what he was drooling on to look up at me and smile. I tried it again a few minutes later and got the same reaction. This afternoon before I went into work we were sitting on the couch and Kevin whistled it while I hummed it. JT lit up like a Christmas tree.
Finally, a picture that shows some resemblance!
Sweating in his crib with Woodstock
Learning his ABC's by spinnin'

1 comment:
ha! I watched the same Extreme Makeover show yesterday and I have been squeezing my gluts since!! My butt is actually sore!
I did them while I watched t.v., I did them while I fed Jake, while I put the laundry in, heck-I'm doing them right now!
Post a Comment