Friday, August 11, 2006

Come on people...

I'm not sure what the general population thinks of me but I'm starting to think it's stupid. Several comments have now been made about my post of Sleeping with the Fishes (or so he should be). Let me clear this up so I don't have to have a meeting with CPS.
  1. I know what the phrase means and knew it when I wrote it.
  2. I don't wish JT dead.
  3. Not that it's anybody's business (unless I write about it) but, yes, I'm still on Zoloft.
Now, on to my sick kid. I'm told it's just from him teething and I'm buying that for now but I don't know how much longer I can stand it. He's been a big sleepy head since last Sunday and the last few days he's been running a temperature anywhere from 99 - 102 degrees. The baby tylenol cuts the fever and he's back to himself in about 1/2 an hour after squirty the nummy smelling grape goo in his cheeks. So he's been hanging out in the house just in his diaper because he's a sweaty kid, like his dad, and with the fever stuff going on it's just worse. He's sleeping for hours at a time and then when he wakes up it's a challenge to get him to eat. He'd normally eat about 16 ounces during the day while I am at work. This last week he averages about 8. As Lora mentioned, his friend Jake and Kate Moss are spending too much time together. Please don't tell me that peer pressure starts this early. I'm hopeful that he's getting enough calories at night when I'm home and in the middle of the night. The once a night feeding has increased to 3 and sometimes even four. So much for getting my restful nights back. It was nice while it lasted.

3 comments:

DNA said...

Same thing in this house! Sleepy & eating less. Everyone, including the strange lady in the grocery store check out line, has told me it's teething. No fever, but he's tugging on his ears like a mad man.

Hang in there!

Rinny said...

Truthfully, I thought your sleeping with the fishes post was clever. The man likes his fishes, big deal! Ugh! Some people.

Lora said...

You should see some of the hate mail I've gotten regarding my blog over the past year. Most of it comes from strangers, but even my own father refuses to read it! His loss, I continue to think that I am absolutely hilarious.