So my OCD kicks in and now I'm sweeping the floor in here, sweeping the kitchen, throwing in a load of laundry and get started on the dishes that I've been boycotting. I couldn't stand the fact that dishes were piled to the top of the sink. It just shouldn't happen! Note to husband: when the dishes don't get washed for two days that's a sign that you should lather up the sponge and get started. You don't need to ask permission. Really.
So in the middle of dishes, or more like the last third, I see the mud prints on the floor and start to get anxious. I hear JT squeaking in the front..baby room..and grab his Jumperoo and drag it into the kitchen. He jumps while I wash and mop. Wash and mop, rinse, wash and mop. Of course now that the kitchen floor is still wet I notice the rest of the peas I took out of the fridge earlier and slide my way across the floor to get them. I grab the mop and mop my way back out of the kitchen and drag JT's jumper thing over to the door way. It's there, on the floor, that I sit and feed him the rest of his peas.
A mothers love has no bounds.
Saturday, September 30, 2006
No rest for the wicked or the weary.
I'm exhausted. For those of you with monthly goals you know how tiring the end of the month can be. It's the last minute push for anything to get you closer to the magic numbers and your magic bonus check - if you're so lucky.
Usually on Saturdays I sleep in until 8:30 but knowing that I had to be to work at ten I ended up rising around 7:15 and stumbled around getting my stuff together for the day. After work I was going to head over to the other house and do more cleaning since the house will have a for sale sign in the yard in exactly two weeks.
JT and I made coffee, threw more dirty dishes in the sink (but didn't wash them) and headed into the other room to post the pea pictures and random videos. He sat on the floor with his blanket and "typed" on his keyboard while I did the computer stuff.
I made it to work at 10:15 thanks to a road closure that forced me to take a detour the opposite direction of work. Had I paid attention to the big flashing sign that had been announcing this closure since last week I could have taken my own detour.
At 1:00 I headed over to the property and set up the power washer again. I spent a solid two hours washing the entire outside of the house. I was swarmed by wasps, bit by mosquitos, crawled on by ants, mud dripped and blasted on me, cobwebs stuck to me and hoses and cords to trip over. It made a difference in the appearance of the paint and we may get lucky and just have to paint the trim and windows. I'm going to run it by the realtor and if he says spend 200 on paint for an extra 25k, I'm spending the money.
There was a bit of zen in all that cleaning today. The rhythmic back and forth of the water spray, the river of dirt that ran down at the end of each pass and the streak of clean paint after the second spray. I was tempted to start on my car once I finished with the house but that would have been wasted time since I live on a gravel road.
I headed home around 3:30 with soggy shoes, sticky and sweaty pants and muddy arms. I couldn't wait to see my Monkey at home and roll around the floor with him! As I was pulling up to to the end of the driveway Kevin came out with JT and the dogs. I smiled and waved at JT but he was too busy watching the dogs mess with each other.
I came in and started washing the bug spray from my arms in the kitchen sink and talking to Kevin about how my morning and afternoon had gone. JT didn't sleep much while I was gone so we...dang it! Is it layed down or laid down?...anyhoo, we parked ourselves on the bed and I fed him until he konked out. It was still too hot to sleep so I jumped in the shower while he slept. TMI perhaps, but a succesful and joyous shower for a mom is when you have time to wash your face (with face cleaner,not shampoo), shampoo, condition, use the shower gloves AND shave. I've gotten used to the feel of fuzzy legs (sorry Kevin) and so freshly shaven legs feel like silk now. I can barely keep my hands off me!
As soon as I opened the dresser drawer to get my shorts, Monkey boy starts his "ba ba ba" speech again. That was a nice 20 minute nap for him, I'm sure. I got him up, changed him and headed out to the living room. Let's be honest - the play room. It's nothing but baby toys out here and try as I might to keep it orderly looking, it's still filled with baby junk. Somehow lining everything up in front of the tv makes it look less like a house with a baby. *insert eye roll here* I ain't fooling no one and I know it.
So my OCD kicks in and now I'm sweeping the floor in here, sweeping the kitchen, throwing in a load of laundry and get started on the dishes that I've been boycotting. I couldn't stand the fact that dishes were piled to the top of the sink. It just shouldn't happen! Note to husband: when the dishes don't get washed for two days that's a sign that you should lather up the sponge and get started. You don't need to ask permission. Really.
So in the middle of dishes, or more like the last third, I see the mud prints on the floor and start to get anxious. I hear JT squeaking in the front..baby room..and grab his Jumperoo and drag it into the kitchen. He jumps while I wash and mop. Wash and mop, rinse, wash and mop. Of course now that the kitchen floor is still wet I notice the rest of the peas I took out of the fridge earlier and slide my way across the floor to get them. I grab the mop and mop my way back out of the kitchen and drag JT's jumper thing over to the door way. It's there, on the floor, that I sit and feed him the rest of his peas.
A mothers love has no bounds.
So my OCD kicks in and now I'm sweeping the floor in here, sweeping the kitchen, throwing in a load of laundry and get started on the dishes that I've been boycotting. I couldn't stand the fact that dishes were piled to the top of the sink. It just shouldn't happen! Note to husband: when the dishes don't get washed for two days that's a sign that you should lather up the sponge and get started. You don't need to ask permission. Really.
So in the middle of dishes, or more like the last third, I see the mud prints on the floor and start to get anxious. I hear JT squeaking in the front..baby room..and grab his Jumperoo and drag it into the kitchen. He jumps while I wash and mop. Wash and mop, rinse, wash and mop. Of course now that the kitchen floor is still wet I notice the rest of the peas I took out of the fridge earlier and slide my way across the floor to get them. I grab the mop and mop my way back out of the kitchen and drag JT's jumper thing over to the door way. It's there, on the floor, that I sit and feed him the rest of his peas.
A mothers love has no bounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a Goddess and I love you!
You sound a lot like me. Especially when Zane was younger. I'm guilty of some OCD behaviors as well. And I can ALWAYS find something that NEEDS to be cleaned. I can absolutely identify with the freshly shaven legs. This may be TMI, but I also remember the days when finding time to brush my teeth was also a challenge. Of course, I always did, though :)
Post a Comment