Wednesday, October 4, 2006

How bad was your morning?

I didn't get up until 8:30 so I left JT and Kevin sleeping in bed while I showered. Once I got out I got the monkey out of bed and started making some coffee and putting on my makeup. At nine after nine I woke up Kevin and got dressed and was going to start on my hair. No go. I absolutely positively had to feed the kid before I left or I was going to be a better attraction than the water show at the Bellagio inVegas. He finished eating, I finished drinking (my coffee) and went to put my bag together for the day. It was nine thirty on the dot and for a rare showing I was going to make it to work on time. Insert vomit and horse poo now. Jt managed a mini projectile vomit scene and while we were throwing tissues at each other to clean it up, in comes Winston covered head to tail in horse manure and burrs. The smell penetrated the room the instant he pitter pattered his way in and he immediately traipsed across the blankets and jumped on the couch. I'm rolling my eyes and wondering what on earth I did this morning to deserve this. In fact, I do know why this happened - that little poof of a dog got mad at me when I got mad at him for pee'ing on the kitchen floor this morning. I clapped him out the doggie door this morning and instead of sitting outside and thinking about what he'd done, he went and did something even worse. So we start clapping our hands and rushing to get him off the furniture and then JT starts screaming because we're clapping loud and yelling, "GET OUT OF HERE! YOU STINK! ACK!!" Kevin and I looked at each other, I said I'd take the poo dog, he took the kid and we started washing our projects. Winston still smells a little "country" but he's at least white again. Had he not stunk so bad I would've stopped to take a picture of him because he was completely gray. I have a picture of him from last summer that I'll load up later. This dog sure digs him some cow and horse manure. As for JT, he's through with the vomiting and fever. As it happened when his first tooth came in, we attributed all this to teething and sort of dismissed it. But what do you know - JT's second tooth is in! In other JT news, during his staying up all night routine last night the family sat around fisherprice.com and let JT bang on the keyboard. We found a matching game in the older kid section where you need to match the animal sounds to one of two animals on the screen. All was fine, for several minutes JT watched the animals, listened to the sound and listened to me say the name of the animal. Kevin got a wild hair when the elephant landed on the screen and I watched in horror as he inhaled and sucked in his lips. I knew what was coming and I knew it wasn't going to be mellow. JT about seizured off his lap and started screaming and reaching for me. So please, no elephant noises. Please do not make any loud elephant noises should you happen upon my son. He will scream in protest and it hurts our ears.

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

When it rains it pours, doesn't it? Hope today has a better start for you!

Rinny said...

we should share an umbrella!