Tuesday, October 3, 2006
New and improved!
I couldn't resist - I've moved to Beta.
The warning of not being able to switch back scared me a little bit but I took the plunge. I figure it can't be any harder than the old blogger and trying to fit in different html codes here and there. The beta version is like blogging for dummies. It's drag and drop.
Did I just call myself a dummy?
Off topic - - I used the glider rocker tonight for the sixth time. During my pregnancy I swore up and down that I absolutely had to have it. That'd I'd be rocking him to sleep, midnight feedings, reading books. Ladies, if you haven't been down that road yet, PLEASE check with your girlfriends about some of the necessities you'll need (good drugs, supportive spouse, rechargeable batteries and patience) and things you don't need (diaper warmer, glider rocker, hats - unless your munchkin is born in the winter time, but here in Texas your window is pretty small and socks) Many of the not so needed items come from baby showers and god bless them, but double check with one of your non-hormone induced friends before you buy the matching rug, lamp, blanket, clock and book shelf ensemble. Really, unless you've got the money to be throwing around (you don't - think diapers) hold out for something better (like a massage).
Mr. Sickly is not feeling so well and is still awake and crying. Time to go use the rocker for the seventh time. I guess I'll get my money out of it tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
See now, I totally used the shit out of our glider rocker. But I had Zane in his own room from day one and the rocker was in his room so that is where he did most of his nursing (during the night). And until he got too big (or squirmy, I should say) to sit in my lap for books, we did our reading before bedtime there, too. I still have it and plan to use it for baby #2, as well.
I don't know much about Beta. It's easier to use? But does it give you as many options to spice things up? Any limitations?
What about regular rockers? I fully intend to ask advice from every single mom and non-hormone afflicted person I can get my hands upon.
I have an old wooden rocker that never gets used, and I got the warning from a lot of mom's about the glider. I found nursing easiest in bed or on our big comfy chair downstairs.
I thought I was on beta, but I guess not. I sign in that way all the time, but nothing else really changed. I am a dummy! WHat am I doing wrong?
Never used the rocker either. Used the nursing pillow for all of 1 week. Maybe. Never used the mobile other than when I was standing over it. Baby slippers don't stay on their feet. Nor do socks. My kid hated hats when he was a newborn. He also hated the swaddler which could have been very easily done with a regular old blanket. Crib sheets? Why do I need 5 or 6 sets when I'm doing laundry EVERYDAY anyway? Now changing pad sheets is another story...I'd love to go to a baby shower now. Someone would be getting a big old basket of batteries, colace and all the other fun things no one tells you about!!
Apparently I'm all alone on the rocker issue. Hats were a no-go for my son, as well. Socks were hit or miss, depending on the age and the phase.
Post a Comment