Monday, October 2, 2006
I've come down with a severe case of post-i-tis
I can't stop writing tonight. I was this close to shutting down the computer when JT started crying from the bedroom. It wasn't a made cry, it was a sad and pathetic cry. Not quite a whimper but it was close.
I opened the door and he was on all fours, the blanket bunched up under his belly. I swear he said mama when he saw me. I found his pacifier on the other end of the mattress and brought it over for him to decide to suck on it or not. This time he chose not. The back rubbing and tummy rubbing wasn't working this time so I picked him up.
Let me tell you there is nothing better than being snuggled by your son. I don't know what it's like to snuggle a baby girl but this little boy business is the best. And now I now how men turn into mama's boys. It's hard NOT to baby them. Oh my goodness.
So I picked him up and he wrapped his little arms around my neck and snuggled his face into my neck and hair. Every few seconds he'd mmmm mmm mmm and then started to twist my hair around his fingers. After a few minutes of rocking back and forth I rocked us over in front of the mirror to watch this moment. It's one thing to be a part of it, it's another to be a part of it AND watch it at the same time.
My eyes welled up as he lifted his head off my shoulder and looked at me for a second before blinking the sleep from his eyes and laying back down. He flopped himself sideways, his body more to the left of me, his shoulders and head resting on my right side. The feel of his breath on my neck. The suckle sound of the pacifier. The smell of his freshly washed hair. The softness of his hands.
I stood there and looked at myself. A mother. I smiled back at us and said a quick thanks to Him for giving me such a wonderful little boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are taking the time to soak up those special moments. You know some people whiz on through them and never stop to smell the roses.
Little boys are precious. But I don't have the experience of a little girl, either.
I've snuggled little girls, and it is NOTHING like the boys.
All my mommy friends who have girls love to snuggle Jake, and they agree it is very different!
Post a Comment