Monday, October 2, 2006

The snot sucker returns

JT was a little snuffy this morning and into the afternoon. He finally took his first nap at 1:00 which was an okay thing anyway. It meant I got to spend a lot of extra time with him playing and being silly AND it would give his dad some time to do some uninterrupted work. Okay, scratch the last part - his dad went to the dentist and came home with a swollen and numb mouth. So much for sounding professional. I was getting Monkey undressed and ready to jump in the tub when I noticed some drool above his lip. Not below the lip like the rest of his drool but above. And climbing up into his nose. His first runny nose and wouldn't you know it, I swipe my finger across it and check it out. Gross, I know. It's really gross now that I stop and think about it but then I was checking to make sure it wasn't green. Come on...you'd do it, too, and you know it. I ran out to the front room with Snot Nose and grabbed the sucker. I set him on my lap and hit the right nostril. He looked surprised but went with it. I squeezed the contents into a Kleenex and aimed for his left. Oh no - no ma'am. I had to 'wrastle' him a bit to get the other side. That didn't go over very well so I hauled him off to his room and set him in his crib. Man, you'd think I was pulling out his toenails with pliers the way he was carrying on. But I finally got both sides and he sounded a little better. The important thing to remember is this: the snot sucker is also an effective snot shooter. During my wrastling moves I was sucking and squirting back into the Kleenex as fast as I could and still keep him upright on my lap. The last suck and squirt resulted in a nice spray of snot shooting back of the tissue into my face. A mothers love still has no bounds. But we're getting close.

No comments: