Friday, January 19, 2007
I headed to bed around 1:00 last night (this morning) hoping that it was long enough for him to fall into a deep sleep. Much to my dismay, I found the little angel laying with his face and body smushed against the wall of his crib, one hand stroking his Fuzzy Farm book. Not completely asleep but enough so that I could slip into bed without waking him up.
When I did get in the room, it reminded me of the Mad About You episode when Paul and Jamie are sitting outside the door of their daughters bedroom trying to "Ferber-ize" her. On the other side of the door, she's crying, and they are sitting in the hallway listening to her CIO. They are new parents, trying to justify their actions, wondering if they are doing the right thing or even the wrong thing.
Finally, their daughter stops crying and Jamie says something to the effect of, "Now she knows we won't always be there. We didn't go to her when she needed us". It's a heartbreaking episode and when I walked in the bedroom I felt a little like Jamie. I heard him crying and I know most of it was just him being mad because I didn't come rescue him at once. I know the other part of it waes him probably a little confused. I know a big part of me was sad....it's hard not cuddling when you're used to it.
It's all a part of growing up, I guess. I just can't decide for who....
(Bonus points to those that can tell me what their daughters name is and what it stands for.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for teaching me a new anacronym...CIO. I will commit it memory. Oh! And the answer is:
Mabel. And it stands for Mothers Always Bring Extra Love.
Post a Comment