Friday, January 19, 2007
Uffda Part II
Well, there was no uffda this evening. Can you believe it?
At nine fifteen we headed into his bedroom and played for a few minutes and picked up a couple of books to read. Tonights selection was Bears on Wheels and Fuzzy Farm (an oldie but goodie). We grabbed his sock Monkey, lovingly referred to now as Bed Buddy, and went into our bedroom and cuddled under the covers. Fuzzy Farm is sooo good we read it 3 times. and I'm so good I can read it verbatim.
At ten bells I told him it was last call and at 10:15 I put him in his crib. Bed Buddy joined him and no sooner had I straightened out my back then JT was standing up and yelling. As a safety precaution I removed all pacifiers. I kissed him, told him I loved him and said goodnight. Winston and I made our exit without looking back.
There was a solid 3 minutes of hollering followed by and equal amount of silence. Then he'd raise his voice again for a minute. I guess he was seeing if I was going to be suckered in by his wails of distress. (Usually it's his dad) We held firm, only Winston caving and perking up to see why he was yelling.
By 10:30 there was not a peep to be heard.
I love this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Little Booger. I love him too.
I'm glad you had success and was it only the second night? Hopefully it keeps going this way. I am a fan (as much as one can be when listening to your child scream and cry) of the CIO method. It worked for Zane and I plan to use it the next time around. It's tough but better for everyone in the long run.
Post a Comment