Wednesday, January 31, 2007
New Car
We picked ourselves up a new old car this evening. I called Angel when he wasn't at the shop and asked him where he was.
"Angel? It's Jori"
"Jori, is that you?" (he says this every time, I don't get it)
"Yes Angel, it's Jori, is that you?" (I can't resist)
"Oh. Where are you?"
"In front of your shop. Where are you?"
"I'm at home....I'm having a snack! Can you give me a few minutes?"
You're kidding me. Well, since we were 10 minutes late I guess it was only fair that he kept us waiting while he finished his snack. 20 minutes later he pulls up and we get to business. I sign the documents and then got grilled about my middle name being part of my first name. We tried to explain ten different ways that it's my middle name, it's not part of my name.
"you know like Mary Jane?"
"yes"
"So yours like that, si?"
"No. My first name is Jori. That's it. Just Jori. No other name. I don't use two first names"
Kevin pulled out his wallet and showed him how he has two names, too, but just uses one. I don't know, do people from Mexico use more than one name for a first name? Is that part of the rules or something? We finally convinced him to move on to my address.
There's going to be some work that needs to be done. There are 3 good tires and one wonky one. The fuel door was taped shut (to prevent tampering, said Angel) and when I pulled in to gas it up, I pulled off the tape along with a piece of paint and a part from the door hinge fell into my hand. No biggie. Then there's the gas cap itself. I'll be picking up a new one of them tomorrow fo sho! A new battery, some floor mats and I'll be good to go.
And true to form, this car doesn't have a radio. Let me be clear. It has a radio and a cd player (thank you!) but it is locked up. This is one of those times that I wish theft deterent stuff wasn't so finicky. I have to pry it out from the junk bin below to get the serial number and then call a guy named Kevin in California to get the factory code. According to all the websites I looked at, if you call any other dealership they'll charge you $89 bucks to get it for you. No thanks, I can unscrew screws just as well as you.
But tomorrow I drive the trusty beast(the Camry, not the new one) in so I can get the CV axle replaced, clean out all my girlie junk and prepare to have it taken over by the men in my life. Now they will have transportation of their own, trips to the park, trips to the disc golf courses and trips to the doctor without having to play, "what'll we do in town all day until mom's done with work and we can go pick her back up". 2 cars, 2 running cars , no car payments and super cheap insurance. I couldn't be happier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! No car payments...that's awesome.
All I am going to say is I am completely and totally jealous!
Post a Comment