Saturday, February 10, 2007
What's cooking, Good Looking?
I'm channeling my inner Betty Crocker. In preparation for my class on Monday I bought not one, but three, cakes to practice with. Tonight I'm going to try my hand at a devil's food. Our oven in ancient but oh so cool so it's a little tempermental with baking and a recipe that calls for 350 sometimes gets baked at 325 or 300. So if this cake tonight gets too brown or doesn't get done enough I have two others to play with. I'm more excited about making homemade buttercream frosting but worried that it's going to blow the motor on my mixer. I just recently received an electric mixer and then the teacher up and started talking about how her friends Kitchenaid stand mixer blew while she was mixing her frosting. I'll be praying the entire seven minutes I'm standing in the kitchen with the muscles in my arm burning while I whip up the frosting.
P.S. I'm barefoot in the kitchen.
P.S.S. I'm not pregnant.
P.S.S.S. I'm putting a Kitchenaid stand mixer on my Wish List.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have my fingers crossed for you and your mixer! Homemade buttercream is fun!!!! I decorated cookies tonight. Made my little nitch in my disposable bag and snipped with scissies. If you are Betty Crocker can I be....Mrs. Hines?
I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer...it will change your Baking life!!!
Post a Comment