Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Styling

JT scored a new ride today and for now it's sitting in the living room. It's super cool with armrests and a cup holder. How ridiculous is that? This thing keeps him strapped in until he's 100 pounds! I busted out the instructions and proceeded to freak myself out. Use LATCH here, ELR this way, don't use the tether rear facing. What?! We've been using the tether on the Britax, why wouldn't we? If you don't anchor it down it flips towards the trunk and how safe is that?

Lora, tell me a story about why you shouldn't tether a rear-facing seat?

3 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Oooh, sweet ride, JT!

Rinny said...

It looks like a boyfriend easy chair. When he leans back with his hand down his diaper and burps.....let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but my tether is tucked under the carseat so it doesn't flip around and hit Jake's poor little head in case of accident.

I don't think all seats forbid the tether. I can't really think of how I would tether the top to the back of the seat with this one though. Wouldn't it be over their head>

For the record, i'm not super in love with the rear-facing security of this seat, and I'll probably be switching Jake as soon as it is warm enough outside to fight with a damn babyseat!