Tuesday, March 13, 2007

These are the people in your neighborhood

As JT was nursing in bed I talked to him about our day since he spent the majority of it with me. We had some drama this morning, followed by missing jumper cables (if you borrowed them, please give them back) and chiropractor appointments. JT ended up spending a good 4 hours at work with me instead of just the lunch hour. The first appointment for Kevin took 2 hours and then it was battling traffic from up north. In the rain. In Austin. Need I say more. I told JT how proud of him I was, how well behaved he was at the office and how people want to be near him. "Do you remember all the people you saw today? There was Tia Grace, Aunt Karen and Aunt Lisa, Courtney, Traci, Cyndi, Maria, Crystal, Elaina and Marina. And don't forget Karen S, Amber, Katherine, Joy, Joanna and Mona. And Quincy. Traci, Darby, Julia and Adam followed by Carl, Julie, Cynthia, Natalie, Joanna, Yvonne and Greg. Next on your trip you saw Stonie, yes, Stonie that used to play for the Longhorns, he was big, huh? And that other guy that I can't remember his name, and Paul, Kim, the other Lisa, Rebecca, Wendy, a couple girls whose name escapes me. We walked down towards the IT department and you saw Rob, John, Treg, Kelvin, Jason and David. Remember the other Kim? You saw her twice along with Debbie who shared a toy with you and Erin who played "boo" with you through the glass wall. Then payment processing heard you laughing and wanted you for awhile. Christie and Cynthia loved you and couldn't get over you. We made our way back down the hallway and let you pound your Little People person against the glass. Over to Enforcement and you charmed the pants off the ladies down the main row that sit by Anita. Don't forget you talked to Dionne and her friends. Then you saw the flashing red sign about March Madness and you about fell over backwards. Eric and Bryon said hello as did John and the third Karen. Then we let the lawyer have a go at you. Hmm...he gave you a golf ball and instead of throwing it you stuck it on my mouth. Thanks. Unfortunately I do know where that ball has been. From one side of SK to the other. You wore me out today, Monkey. It's not easy chasing you for 4 hours and I'm surprised your little legs held out for so long. You were so tired you dozed a little in your highchair and if you could talk I'm sure you'd say, "i was just resting my eyes". It's a good sign that people flock to you, you're a likeable little guy. Remember when you get older that you should be nice and smile. Most the time people will do the same in return and sometimes people will be mean for no reason. But don't let that stop you from being nice; be the bigger person." I laid him down in his bed and he snuggled into position with one arm around his monkey and blanket. I dedicate this song to him tonight: Tell me how do you make a Superman With courage and a steady hand Conviction and a damn good attitude Spirit true and moral fortitude Don't forget the flower parts a soft touch and an open heart a rainbow and some empathy compassion and sympathy Don't forget the i love you's Oh and I forgive you, too's It's the little things that separate The good from the great So tell me how do you make a superman With honesty, with discipline (unknown) stamina An icy stare, steely jaw Don't forget the flower parts A soft touch and a bleeding heart A rainbow and some empathy Compassion and sympathy Don't forget the i love you's Oh and I forgive you, too's It's the little things that separate The good from the great..the good from the great.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

JT is making you into a "Woman of Steel". It's a good thing that your strength will become his. He will see his life through your eyes as you will see your life through his... or something like that. At least, that's what I heard in some movie. ;)

Oh, and, you go, JT! Good job!

Rinny said...

For many reasons JT is a lucky little boyfriend. 1. for having his mother's temperment. 2. for having his father's social needs. 3. for all the people in this world that love him. 4. for all those same people that will help to protect him from the oogie bad guys.

Love all of you!