Sunday, May 13, 2007

Maybe next year?

Maybe next year I'll have a super great Mother's Day. Remember last year? This year, I woke up around 3 this morning with a throat so raw I forced myself to not swallow. Coffee doesn't taste good, juice burns, water makes me gag. Taking my pills this morning was like swallowing razor blades and each subsequent swallow is like lemon juice on an open wound. Why is it that when it hurts to swallow your spitter works overtime? Stupid. I'm being a bit dramatic, really. I'm going to have a great day today. The dad of the house is out doing more mowing, then the boys are going shopping for the week and my special mother's day dinner. I'll have a few hours to myself which I believe will involve a bathtub, a book and a pedicure to follow. By the time all that's over I'll be wanting them back. So if you're a mom, stepmom, second mom, foster mom, surrogate mom, grand mom or wanna be mom - have a super duper happy day, love your family and relish the sweet things that happen to you today. And above all else, remember that they probably wouldn't survive without us. Love to all.

2 comments:

Rinny said...

Happy Mother's Day to you from a wanna be mom. Hope your throat gets better. A good hot bath might just do the trick!

Jody said...

I am right with you Jori. I am sick to on Mother's day with the same symptoms as you have. I totally feel your pain. On top of that my ears feel like I am on an airplane. Happy Mother's Day anyway. Like you said maybe next it will be better :-).

Jody