Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tired of lying

Several people today asked me how it was going. My usual answer is in the neighborhood of, "doing great, and you?" or "doing just fine, thanks." but today I let loose. "Not good at all" was my reply to each of them followed by a brief recounting of my tale and all they could do was stare and nearly spill their Folgers on my toes. Tonight I bit the bullet, thanks to Darby, and starting packing stuff up. I couldn't bear to tackle the junk room so I pulled all the pictures off the wall down the hallway and out of the living room. Next to hit the boxes were the dvds, video tapes and cd's that were laying around. My turtles out of the bathroom are sitting on the table waiting to get wrapped in a Target circular and shoved into the box JT's sneakers came in. As soon as I hit Publish Post I'm back on task. Unless something major happens, expect little to no posting from me. I'll be busy trying to decide what goes in the burn pile and what goes in a box.

4 comments:

DNA said...

I'm really ticked off, and sad for you. "Everything happens for a reason" hardly seems comforting when you're in the midst of something, but looking backwards, it usually is true. Something good WILL come out of this. Until it does, I'm here if you need to vent and I'm thinking of ya!

Rinny said...

I mirror Angela on this one. You are always the upbeat positive one so I hope you have that somewhere else. In our family we pick up sticks and throw them for you.

What I can offer up is a good bitching ear, lots of boxes if you need them (yes we still have some left over), the Sunday paper for wrapping, and the nugget of good that Kristy gave me when everything was turning to poo, "You always land on your feet. No one knows how, and you don't always feel like you will, but somehow, amazingly, you always do."

Lora said...

I'll be thinking of you, and will continue to stalk, just in case you get some words down.

Team Manager said...

I'm so sorry to hear about what you all are going through. We had the same thing happen with the house we rented in Virginia a few years back. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If there is anything we can do to help, don't be afraid to ask.