Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Service for Two

We got served tonight. A few minutes before seven and we hear the dogs going crazy and then a knock on the door. It was the friendly Constable here to serve us with documents directing us to court on August 3rd. I read court orders every day so I took a few minutes to read over the 10 pages. We are defendants hereby known as "all occupants" - we are being sued for a reasonable amount of unpaid rent and $79 dollars costs and for such other relief The Bank may be entitled to. What makes me super angry is according to the Trustee's Deed attached, "..on April 21, 2005 the owners granted, sold and conveyed the property described above to ELY as Trustee, their successors or subsitutes, in trust, to have and to hold..." Is it me or does it appear that they sold the house out from under us two freaking years ago? Kevin's now talking about maybe settling with the bank to try and stay here and fix the things that need fixing. I don't want to stay or put another dime into this house. Of course, the no's piling up from the lenders aren't exactly making my desire to get out of this house real easy. We'll have our day in court and we can plead our case to the judge. I don't want to plead anything except insanity over this whole stupid ordeal.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Okay, when you are ready to go vigilante please let us know. I hate this for y'all, and am so angry for y'all I can't hardly see straight! It completely sounds like the house got sold out from underneath y'all, AND you have had contact with Tim/Tom since then.....could they not have mentioned it? Let us know if we can do anything......at all.
Love to all three of you!