Monday, July 23, 2007

We thought we lost our other two dogs. They haven’t been around since Saturday night and we called the pound again this morning. I was fearful that we were going to have a repeat of last week. I left for work but drove over into the neighbors area to double check and sure enough, there was Kody hanging out with his doggie buddy. A lady I had never seen popped out from her house and I asked if she had seen Tiemma. She said “the brown one was here last night” so they’re both safe. They’ve both been keeping away from the house since last week. They know.

We’re finally seeing some changes in JT. We’ve had the fly swatter out and JT has watched us enough to figure out it’s for swatting. He practiced and practiced until he became proficient enough to start tackling the fly problem for us. We were in the kitchen the other night and a fly landed on his big blue ball. His eyes got big, he bent down and picked up the fly swatter and WHACK! Wouldn’t you know it, he hit that fly dead on and it fell to the floor.

The next day he watched me as I jumped when I saw a wasp in the kitchen and I said, “Dang they are everywhere!” I ran to open the door and shooed the wasp out. JT was right behind me swinging the fly swatter and yelling, “DANG! DANG!” Guess who is into repeating things now? : )

We’ve been working on manners for the last few weeks – please and thank you. What’s frustrating to us is that he understands a whole lot more than he’s letting on. He’s gotten thank you down from the start but it looks more like he’s blowing a kiss. He says, “mmmm” and just keeps his hands to his mouth. If he means to blow you a kiss he’ll say, ‘mmm um!” and keep his hand to his mouth. Such a fine line between the two. We say please like crazy and yesterday he finally signed it to Kevin. Such a smart little boy!

I don't think he's grown more than an inch since his 12 month visit and he's still weighing in at 22 pounds and that's with a soaking wet diaper.

JT and I went to a work party on Saturday. It was a rain or shine event so since this is Austin it was raining. I left our house and it started to rain. One hour later when I arrived at the park it was letting up. JT and I sat in the car for about 5 minutes and then braved the light rain. Everyone else was prancing and dancing in the rain so I figured it wouldn’t hurt us. Here is evidence that JT does, in fact, get some of his curls by way of mom. An hour earlier my hair was stick straight. This is what Texas heat and humidity does to our hair. This isn't my best photographic moment but it is what it is.



As for the house stuff, things are moving as well as they can. We are still looking and working on different options but for now we are still at the house waiting for them to tell us to skidaddle. Hopefully we'll find financing and a place of our own before that happens. We'll keep the updates coming as we get them.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

I have known you for 7 years and have never seen your hair that curly/wavy. Humidity is a bitch.

Glad to know that things are progressing, that flies are being swatted, and that the boog has got some massive hand-eye coordination!

Team Manager said...

I hear ya on the hair/humidity thing. I have the same type of hair. Gotta love this extra humidity we are having this summer.

Glad to hear the other dogs are okay.

Lora said...

I had the world's best hair the weekend I spent in Texas. I even saved the pictures where my face looks awful just because my hair was so amazing.

I might come back just so my self esteem gets a boost