Monday, September 17, 2007
On my break
I'm on my afternoon break from work and trying to think of stuff I've been meaning to update.
I had to arrange JT's room again for the 3rd time because he's climbing and no matter where I placed stuff he was finding ways to get on top of everything else. You've got to be careful - it's a chore putting things in places so a) he doesn't strangle himself on the blinds' cord or b)put his bed too close to the light switch or there'd be a neverending disco party going on in there or c) put his chair next to anything with a ledge because he'll use the chair to propel himself upwards.
We go to the doctor tomorrow for his 18 month well check and we'll find out just how much he's not grown. : ( He's still wearing 12 month clothes for the most part. His closet and drawers are overflowing with 18 month and 24 month items that would drown him. Kevin and I were talking about how we don't need any more toys for the boy, he's set, but that we need clothes. Now that I think about it I guess we don't.
Outside toys, climbing things, swingsets, playscapes - all that good stuff is on the want list.
Speaking of outside - on Saturday we trekked through the woods and I immediately thought about Angela, David and Spencer on their hikes. We have some work to do so it's walkable without swinging a bat in front of you but it was good. I carried JT the entire way down to the lake and then half-way back I let him walk. Most of you probably wouldn't understand him if you heard him but he was chattering non stop, "I got it. I'm okay. I do it. Okay. Okay." all the while marching himself up the hills, into the trees, where ever he could go unless he got himself tangled on a stick or something. By the time we exited the jungle his little head was sweaty and full of curly hair but he was raring to go. I can't wait to get more cleared out so we can go exploring!
Okay, time for a meeting. Have a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cutie...I'm picturing JT trekking up the hill. Little boys are so dang cute! (I guess I'm kind of partial)
I have some clothes that I'd be more than happy to pass along. What's the weather like down there these days? I can send some Texas-appropriate 12-18 month things. I just gave a bunch of winter clothes in those sizes to a girl at work, but I'd imagine you can at least use some shorts. Let me know!
Post a Comment