I set about arranging the pots in a line. That's all, really. I will leave the digging and poking and separating and arranging to my mother-in-law when she comes down later. They are all clippings from her garden of the things I picked out that I liked. Between now and when she comes I need to get the area cleaned out so we can get to work.
JT's present was a Little Tykes house/slide and I put it together. Actually, I put it together inside out. I attached the sides and by the time Kevin came around to check it out and hook in the slide he realized I did it wrong. Grrr. "Now you know why the men are always putting things together..." Yeah, well, I would have figured it out eventually. : )
MY present was getting the cruddy old greenhouse tore down. It was built out of lumber, plastic and plastic sheeting. It was a real eyesore. I don't have a true before shot but the first gives a good idea of what it was. Now we have a clear view of the pond from the front of the house. After the pictures the guys cut down a few more trees and trimmed up a few others. I busied myself with JT, playing ball with Kody and arranging old bricks to edge a flower bed.
We're tired. Kevin, JT and I took a walk through the woods this morning and looked for a better view and way to the lake. We found a way but not a better way. That with the outside air and work pooped us out. Time to settle in and watch the Red Sox beat Colorado. : )
1 comment:
I guess the love of tools is an inherent trait for boys. It's in the genes. Oh well. It's adorable none the less.
Post a Comment