Friday, November 16, 2007
Not good
30 minutes ago I looked in my Call Pilot (work vm) to see that my old insurance company had left me a message. All the blood ran out of my head and I immediately started crying. I composed myself enough to leave a message back for her.
5 minutes later she called back and asked how I was doing and I told her truthfully, "not very good since you're calling."
I was involved in a horrible car accident almost two years ago. I was going to be writing an anniversary post about that one on 12/5. Or maybe not. I don't know about you but sometimes I feel like if you speak of something you'll give it power. Good or bad. I'm almost a little superstitious that if I talk about it then bad things will result from doing so. I live scared every day of what might happen. But I also need to speak it, defeat it and maybe give myself some relief.
This call today, however, shocked me and has me holding back. The other car that was involved in the accident is taking the case to litigation. As soon as I get served I need to fax the papers to the insurance company and then they will put me in touch with their defense attorney.
If and when I tell my story in a few weeks, or if you already know the story, you probably know why I was thinking the worst and in turn having an anxiety attack and crying fit at my desk.
Here's to a good weekend. Be safe everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love you. It doesn't fix anything, but know it anyway.
Thinking of you!
thinking of you always, just catching up on your blog now. big love and hugs and pats on the back and all that stuff
Your car accident sounds nasty. :(
Remember, anything you post, is discoverable in litigation.
I AM THE LAW!!!
Post a Comment