Monday, January 7, 2008
Crane
This morning Kevin and I were treated to watch a Texas Sandhill Crane hunt and eat frogs in the pond. We stood in front of the kitchen sink - he grabbed the binoculars and I went straight for the video camera. I'm sure to anyone watching we were silly because we were whispering for a moment and walking slowly as if the crane could hear and see us. I captured a moment or two on video and will post it later.
Then at noon Kevin called to say Jackie left him a message that she had our check. Finally our check! It was the lunch hour so we got just a little bit excited because for all we knew she was calling to say she had it but....
She called me 15 minutes later and I teased her for not being at lunch. I have reason to believe she works pretty hard there and a bit more than everyone else we've had contact with. She wanted to let us know that the check was ready and we could have it mailed or we could drive and pick it up. I told her Kevin would be there before closing time.
When I got home I asked if cranes were good luck? He said they are now since once landed in our yard and we got our check the same day.
2008 is great. Unless your a Sandhill Crane on the coast of Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment