Monday, January 21, 2008
Older
I may be wiser in a few areas but I've also turned into a real scaredy cat. If you know me you know I love to drive but in the last week I've discovered that I'm petrified of driving in the rain. Driving in the rain has never been big on my lists of fun things to do - partly because the wipers cause me great anxiety. Especially if someone has them on full speed when there's hardly a drop on the window. In a past relationship I think I hyperventilated on the way home from Houston because she had the wipers on faster than I deemed necessary. From that point on I became the Wiper Nazi.
Add to my wiper issues, I am now paranoid that I'm going to go hydroplaning off into the ditch any time I have to change lanes or go around a corner. I know better than to use the cruise control when it's raining which frustrates me, too, because I then start speeding up and then worrying that I'm going to fast for the water and then I slow down - way down - and irritate the people behind me. Better safe than sorry but I'm sorry that I'm having to drive in the rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment