I showered last night and picked out my outfit for today. My alarm went off at 6, I slept for 15 more minutes then rolled out of bed. It sort of felt like the first day of school!
I got dressed, put on my make-up and flattened my hair and headed downstairs. I warmed up the coffee from last night, sucked it down and read a few emails.
At precisely 7:01 I backed out of the driveway and arrived at the third interview at 7:47. The commute wasn't as bad as I thought and I was able to stay in the left lane the entire way there.
This meeting detailed the benefits, the pay and the dress code. My modest shirt which I though showed a little too much cleavage for my taste (1/4 inch) was in fact going to be a no-no. Too many inappropriate contacts with people with head and brain trauma have dictated this dress code. "So basically I should just cover up, right?" Yes. No visible tattoos which means I can't wear dresses or skirts (oh boooo!). I need to go scouting for more pants as I only have 2 that are appropriate. The nose ring will likely need to come out, too, as there can't be any distraction. Understood.
She called me at 2:15 this afternoon and formally offered me the job. "I formally accept the job." A few minutes ago I sent my two weeks notice to the YMCA and will start the new job on February 15th.
I'm sort of excited, sort of nervous but sort of relieved. And sort of sad. After spending this long hanging out with Kevin and JT and having a willy-nilly schedule and choosing the days I want to be lazy, I don't have that freedom any longer. I remind myself that this is what I wanted and what makes me happiest. I will still have my boys at night and on the weekends. With my acceptance of the job today, Kevin is now focused on securing a part-time gig.
Our life is going back to how we do it best.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sister jori, patron saint of the nine to five!
i love conservative dress codes. they are so silly. we have one too, but no one honors it. it's actually written into our handbook that we must wear underwear, but it must not be seen!
congrats! you rock!
The contract between the teachers' union and the school district here actually spells out that no dress code can be dictated to the teachers. The kids have to wear uniforms, but the teachers can wear sweat pants. And they do.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment