The door of opportunity closed on NeuroTexas this morning. She called and said they finished their selective process and selected someone other than myself. It deflated my mood before my workout but I went and did it anyway.
I got home and opened my email to discover another door had opened. This time for another doctors office, another neuro practice but one unlike any I've heard before.
This is a small practice that's been around since 1984. The doctor, 2 testing technicians and two office admin positions is what makes up this group. I'm interviewing by phone on Wednesday for the admin position.
The doctor is a neuropsychologist. He doesn't do any therapy or counseling, rather he does testing assessments on children and adults from a variety of backgrounds. Strokes, brain injuries, ADHD, seizure disorders, dementia, etc. This practice tests individuals to give doctors a better understanding of a plan of treatment or for giving schools info for granting accommodations. Or for court cases like I discovered during my Google-fest.
This is another job that would be in Central Austin and would require me to dress up every day. That would require me to have a business casual wardrobe. That would require me to go shopping since I haven't had to have a B.C. wardrobe in...oh, never.
Lord help me. In job opportunities and in shopping.
Amen.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good luck. in both.
Post a Comment