Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fever Free

I took a dose of pain reliever at 11 o'clock last night and work up this morning at 10.  Took my temperature and waited to see it hovering in the 99's again.  98.2!  The last two days I couldn't go more than 5 hours without taking something to knock the fever down.  I'm normally in the 97's so I have a bit more to go before I'm completely 'normal' but I'll take it.

I submitted a bunch more applications yesterday.  And in my fevered state I decided to take a new approach to the cover letter.  I basically got on my knees and said listen people, I was laid off, I'm working 12 hours at the YMCA and drawing unemployment and I WANT a full-time job where I EARN my paycheck and please don't disqualify me because my last job was a manager and you should know that I've been writing in my School Years since I was in the third grade that I wanted to be a secretary and receptionist.  I'm 38 and so I think I'm grown up now and I know this is what I want to do. Please give me a chance!

*gulp*

1 comment:

Lora said...

good luck, and I'm glad you're feeling better!