Saturday, March 6, 2010

Clean out

I finally buckled down and emptied out JT's drawers of all his clothes.  Still lurking in there were items from the 18-24 month range.  I made poor JT strip in and out of shorts to check what fit and what was headed into the Goodwill box.  Let me say he doesn't have a lot of clothes left and I may have to pick stuff up when I drop stuff off!  I haven't saved much in the way of baby items from him.  One itty bitty diaper and all the hospital blankets that accidentally found their way into our bag.  That's not bad, huh?  I added to the collection today, though, and plucked from the Goodwill pile the "They Shake Me" shirt I bought before he was even born.  It's labeled 18 months but it's fit him forever.  If I just stretch it out after each wash it'll continue to fit him for a while longer, right?  It's a keeper.  So is the boy.


That butterball is turning 4 in a couple of weeks which means that he's going to be going to school in a couple more months and then getting his license and a girlfriend and will move out of the house and go to college or the military or just work for awhile and I'll still be holding onto that stupid shirt...


We've decided not to do a big party this year like we've done for years past.   Next week I have family coming into town.  The week after that I'm on my own at work ALL week and if yesterday was any example of how it's going to be I'm going to be calling the poor boss 5 times a day with questions interrupting her vacation time with their daughter who'll be home from Yale.  That same week more family will be in town for the weekend and we'll have a little birthday party for JT and then on the 23rd we'll have a Family birthday night.  Thankfully that's a night Kevin doesn't work but unfortunately JT requested his birthday dinner to be "Quesadillas and Pizza and Games!"  I asked him to narrow it down a little bit and he stuck with "...pizza and games where daddy works."  He's requested a chocolate cake out of my magazine which involves chocolate, mousse filling and a ganache type frosting.  I can't wait to see how that one turns out! 

I'll miss the get together we usually have but I don't/won't have the energy to enjoy it this year.  And besides, this is likely the last year that we'll get away with not having a party.  I'll take the breaks where I can!



P.S.  I'm going to be making another page that lists what JT is wearing now, needs, wants, dislikes, etc for anyone that's interested. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am waiting for the list.

Unknown said...

So am I .......