Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Bike

Grandma Judy sent a bike down with Grandpa earlier this month.  He rode it a few minutes as soon as it got here but since then he's been a little gun shy. 

Some background first:  he's taken to just wearing his underwear.  It saves on laundry but it also creates a stink when it involves going outside.  As casual as I like to be, I still make him dress when he's going to be parading around in front of the neighbors.

So every day I ask him every day if he wants to ride it.  Then it turns into this:

Yes!

Then you need to put on clothes, shoes and the helmet.

I think I'll just stay inside.

................

Can I ride my bike now?

Sure.  Let's go get your clothes.

No thank you.  Do you want to play trains instead?
........................

Grandma's been dying for a picture so I said the heck with it, brought the bike and the helmet in and let him practice pedaling around the kitchen.  I'm hoping he'll get the itch to take it outside and try it in the great wide open.

No comments: