Friday, June 11, 2010

Trying to stay positive

With the acquisition of a new vehicle, we are preparing to sell our old Camry.  It's not perfect - it wobbles a little at certain speeds, the one seat belt in the back doesn't retract, and it's from 1992 with 233,000 miles on it. We figure it's safer to have a 2000 and a 2005 vehicle.  However, in attempting to fix the horn problem on the Galant tonight so we can get it inspected, we discover the car won't start.  Months of intermittent starting (turning the key anywhere from 5-50 times before it starts) and it finally gave out.  Our resident car mechanic thinks it's the starter so he and Kevin are making a late night run to pick up a new one.  If that's not it, something about something missing a something on the fly wheel?  If that's the case, we'd probably do better to sell the Galant and just fix the seat belt on the Camry and charge up the freon on the air conditioner so it blows colder than it already does.  When does car trouble end?  This is why people live on a bus line, isn't it?

The silver lining?  It has nothing to do with a car.  Our 5 year anniversary was on Friday and thanks to those who sent well wishes.  Kevin busted his buns for weeks at work to get more hours and he totally surprised me with a brand new wedding band.  I guess he was tired of seeing me wear the one that Lora so graciously "borrowed" me after I lost my original one in the gravel driveway at the old house.  Anyway, I've walking around staring at it like it was a 3 carat diamond ring even though it's just a simple silver band - but that's perfect for me! 

Baby news?  No news is good news I suppose.  I'm still throwing up once a week for good measure and half-way into maternity clothes.  I'm still able to wear a few pre-preggo work pants but really enjoy the huge panel riding up to my bra on the one new pair of pants I have.  CLASSY.  : )

July 2nd is the day that we go for the anatomy scan.  Did I mention that last time?  I can't remember what I wrote about and I don't feel like checking so pretend you haven't heard it in case I already did. We'll see all the important organs and for sure find out the sex of the baby.  At the last appointment she started to ask if we were going to want to check out....and I interrupted before she could finish and blurted out, "of course!"  I'm hoping knowing will help get me in the spirit to finally work on putting the baby room together.  The crib is still in the garage, the springs are still in JT's bed and the bedroom is in the same condition as when Nana last left.  We're going to have to find new homes for a tv, vcr, christmas tree, too small clothing, too big clothing, boxes from 2 moves ago and a hamper full of clothes of Kevin's that he probably hasn't worn since 1998.  I think I might just have to toss that without even disclosing it to him.  If he hasn't noticed it for all these years, will he now?  The closet I'm not so worried about as that can stay packed with miscellaneous junk for at least another year but I'm going to give it a little bit of a once over to make some room. 

The neighbor boy JT's age is moving back to the MN at the end of the month or beginning of next month so she went home and drug out her old maternity clothes and brought them down for me when I shared my news of being pregnant.  Maybe it's hormones but she really irked me when she told Brandon, "Look," poking my belly, "she's got the baby disease."  Say what?!?  Disease?  She also threw out baby names for me, "Oh I've got lots of them...like Georgia Lee, but spelled L-e-i-g-h or Dakota blah blah blah..."  I interrupted her train of names and said, "Listen, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl and after a month or so I hated every name I heard so I'm not even thinking about it right now.Thanks, though." 

I hope you all weren't sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out the name because Kevin and I decided that we'll start entertaining names once we know if this is a boy or a girl but this time around we are going to keep it a secret.  I don't have the patience this time around to hear peoples comments and opinions about it.  Everyone will find out the name once said baby is born. 

"You know," Kevin said, "we can't even tell you-know-who," nodding in JT's direction.

"I know.  For all he cares and knows, it'll be Bistery forever."

The End.

No comments: