Thursday, March 31, 2011

Job Update

I put on my fancy clothes to take a computer test for two and a half hours.  Once you finished, you grabbed a number at the front of the room and waited until you were called to find out if you passed or failed.  If you passed, you talked a little bit and then would be scheduled for a face to face interview.

Not true to form, I sat at the desk right next to the "teacher".  I spaced out and couldn't tell if he said to watch the PDF we already did remotely last week or if we could skip it.  I was too embarrassed to ask.  He busted me.

There were lots of math questions and I instantly felt like I was in high school again.  My tummy rolled, my hands were sweating and I couldn't remember how to do percentages.  I was certain I was going to fail the entire test.  At that point I was relieved and I accepted it.  Then he f i n a l l y called me over and I dropped my purse and nearly spilled my coffee and plopped down in the chair in front of him and waited for him to repeat what he just finished telling Number 5..."You can come back in 6 months to retest, I'm sorry but you didn't pass.  Sorry it didn't work out." 

Jori?
Uh-huh...
You passed...can you tell me what you understand your job to be?
*deep sigh* Billing, product sales, technical support...the whole gamut.


I go for my face to face interview Monday at 10:00.

No comments: