Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thank you for calling, AT&T, this is Jori...

I was contacted by another member of AT&T yesterday to clear up some information about my job at Supportkids.  After clarifying that it was indeed a call center she responded that everything was great and my contact guy would be in touch with the formal offer and next steps.

After obsessively checking my email for three hours I received the offer.  I was elated to see that I got hired on near the top of the pay scale.  I missed the very top dollar by 4 cents and I guess that has to do with my lack of a college degree. 

I start Monday and will be training for 5 weeks with a 10-7 schedule.  After that I'm likely going to be working 12-9 for about 6 months or until earlier shifts open up.  The best part about those hours is lack of traffic. 

JT and I are going out for lunch tomorrow to celebrate my new job and consequently mourn my time away from him.  I envisioned Red Robin for endless steak fries, JT has his mind set on McDonald's so he can get chocolate milk and play. 

I can't stop staring at him today.  For some reason he seems to have aged three years in the last three weeks.  Since the day we went to register him for school, he looks different.  He looked so tiny at the school but here he looks like a giant.  I've taken to cuddling him on my lap although he doesn't fit and he tolerates it for a few minutes before wrestling with me to let him go. 

It's just the beginning, isn't it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bittersweet pretty much says it.