Monday, July 25, 2011

Concerted Effort

Yesterday I came back to see the last time I had posted.  And I have to tell you it doesn't feel like it's been that long.  I suppose the fact that I'm posting at Facebook makes it feel like I'm staying current.  I'm not.  In fact, I've got so much stuff in my head that it's a chore to keep it all in until I get home and have a chance to write it down.  It's the writing down part that's the real problem. 

Life with an eight month old is nothing short of tiring.  Sara has been crawling for the better part of a month which means there's no more set down and go, instead it's constant monitoring, picking up, putting down, moving, removing, redecorating and entertaining.

Cheerios have been added to the mix of dog fur on the floor.  She eats like a horse and like we've starved her.  She'll turn a smile into a frown into a screaming fit if you don't feed her what you're putting into your own mouth.  There's nothing that she doesn't like.  As opposed to JT, I'm making baby food for Sara.  It's easier than I thought and we're mixing the homemade veggies with sampling of table food.  So far so good. 

JT's ready to start school.  I am dreading it.  I've failed to win the shift bid (along with the rest of my graduating class) so I will continue to work the 12-9 shift until the next one comes available.  JT has to be at school at 7:40 in the morning which means I'll get him up around 6:30 and drive him to school at 7:30.  He finishes the school day at 2:35.  Kevin will pick him up and then he'll be in bed and long asleep before I even get out of work.  I miss him already.

So here begins my concerted effort to post more here, and less on Facebook.... recent pictures to follow.

No comments: