Saturday, September 17, 2011







Work:  We welcomed a new call center director a few months back.  In her new reign, she deemed it best that managers worked the same schedule as their team.  That's fair:  I work 12-9 with Fridays off, half my team works 7-4 and my manager works 7:30-4:30 with Tuesdays off.  I'm pretty much alone on Thursdays.  It would be nice to have some co-workers around me.  So last week we were given a list of shifts to choose from.  26 in all.  And you had to go through the entire list choosing your order of preference.  Give me a list of 26 things and give me a Valium.  Do you know how long I agonized over that thing?   A whole week, by the way...

I parked next to my boss this morning and the first thing she says is, "I hope you wanted the early shift."  I panicked.  Did I end up with the 6:55 shift?  I knew I shouldn't have put that so far up the list!  Maybe I put my numbers in the wrong spot.  How do I get out of this?  "Um...how early.  9-6 monday through Friday was my first choice.  Please don't tell me I start before the crack of dawn!" 

I start my new shift October 3rd!  I'll be moving to the 8:30-5:30 Monday through Thursday and 8:55-5:40 on Saturdays.  Then in 6 months we get to go through another anxiety ridden shift bid.  Same idea - shake things up, work with different managers, different area managers, keep it together.  I'm losing my manager as she got moved to my old shift and schedule (tee hee hee) and I moving to a manager that, according to everyone else, is laid back and cool and not an 'in stone' kind of manager and helps you and used to be a pro skateboarder.  Nice.

Sara battled her first major whatever.  Fever of 101-102 for several days, snot like you would not believe for a week prior (thank god she likes the snot sucker!) and diarrhea like only a sick kid can have (all over our sheets at 2 am).  We took her in on Friday.  Just like your hair lays perfectly the day of your haircut, her fever broke.  We took her anyway because of the runs and the bit of bloody show in her diaper.  Dr. C checked for UTI and so Sara got her first catheter to grab some clean urine and a stool sample.  We should hear tomorrow about results regarding if it's anything bacterial or just viral.  Blood work came back fine.  She's getting her appetite back but still real clingy which is fine for 12 minutes then the arm starts to ache. 

JT is loving school.  He loves taking his lunch.  So much so that he cried on Friday when he got to school and realized I didn't pack him a lunch.  In my defense, I asked him 3 times and each time he said he'd buy it.  His best friend is Ivy (the girl that was bawling the first day!)  I met Ivy and then a week later I was walking out from walking JT in and she pointed at me and said, "JT's mom!"  I felt cool for a moment.  He doesn't know why Robert leaves his backpack on his table instead of his cubby.  He keeps bringing home papers that belong to Braden.  He likes Ivy. 

No comments: