Sunday, October 9, 2011
His kindergarten picture turned out quite well and he's maintaining his "green/purple" status in the classroom. The first 6 weeks are up and there are no report cards for the K kids until the second six weeks. Something about "now they're learning instead of learning the rules". Whatever, my kid's a genius.
Sara is still not walking, however, she is walking (sometimes) by just holding onto a finger. She prefers to crawl (really fast) and slap the floor with her hands (really loud) to alert you to her presence. Kevin has been calling her Empress Sara because in his own words, "she rules with an iron fist." There is still nothing she doesn't like as far as food goes, except a lack of it.
Work for me is going well on the new shift. I've got 3 of my needed 4 tv's for the month so that's nice. I enjoy getting home in time to eat supper as a family and it appears that it's making everyone happy. I don't do nearly as much computing as I did when I was working the late shift because then I had much more time to do stuff after JT was in school and Sara was napping. Now it's up at the crack of dawn and I don't stop moving until 10. I get a few plays done in Words with Friends but then I'm exhausted and realize I still haven't put pumped milk away and I have to make a lunch for JT and for myself and get the pump equipment clean and then I get upstairs around 11:30 and try to stay awake to mutter some words to Kevin and listen to his day and I try to pick my favorite one story from work (he's worked there, he knows all about it so hearing it is a bore) and trade back rubs. Then it's 12:15 and Sara's back up for another feeding and I curse under my breath and then look down at her sleepy-eating and wish she would stay awake because she's so cute but I'm falling asleep in the glider and then it's 12:45 and I stumble back to my room. I'm exhausted every day. And my tailbone is killing me and now Kevin's got some 24 hour bug so he's out of commission and JT's is dancing around in circles. Did I say I'm exhausted?
Love to all. Sorry I don't call. It's nothing personal - I'm just too tired to talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment