Friday, October 6, 2006

How country are we?

I made a stop for some gas tonight and what do I see but a big banner in my local Travel Center that they now deliver. I had to look twice to make sure I read that right. I was certain it said does not deliver but no - they do. I asked for a menu and one of the ladies behind the counter got very excited and came around to show me the bright lime green sheet of paper with all the prices and available foods. Where do you live? Oh, off 1854. You didn't get a sticker? A what? Are you saying you didn't get a sticker? Where? Where would I get a sticker? Aren't you by the fire station? (how does she know I'm by the fire station?) Well, sorta. Around the corner... Yes! You should have got the sticker. You sure you didn't get the sticker? You should have got the sticker. Hmm... Nope, no sticker. Okay. Um, thanks for the menu *waving it* have a good weekend. This opens up the world of dining options for my family. Instead of driving 20 minutes to the next town or around the corner to the family that built the restaurant in the barn or even eating healthy at home we can have food delivered to us! We have a plethora of options! Pepperoni rolls, cheesy bread stix, corn dogs, b.l.t.'s, grilled cheese, grilled chicken, pizza, ziti, spaghetti, calzones, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, potato wedges, chicken tenders or pieces and philly cheesesteaks. I'm sure Lora's neighborhood Cheese Steak joint has nothing on my gas station/restaurant/delivery service cheese steak. Edited to say that I stopped at the mailbox in search of the aforementioned sticker. Nothing.

2 comments:

Rinny said...

I love your blog. And I love that random things happen to you. I thought I was the only one. But yours is more amusing.
hehehehe

Lora said...

despite popular belief, you can get some pretty sucky cheesesteaks in philly!

luckily there is a pizza shop at BOTH the north and south corners of my street with decent ones. and a bar and a nail salon on the corners too, just in case. and a dry cleaner. and a construction company that is run out of a house. all on the 1900 block of 12th street. i need to move.