Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Reunited and it feels so good.
I've been on hiatus from the blog. Not for any particular reason, but just because.
This past weekend I spent some good hours on the other house and got the front side painted while Kevin worked some magic on getting the side of the carport put together. It's not perfect but it's fixed. It's better than the pieces of rotted board hanging off the sides. We have to go back this week to get stuff finished and hopefully the rain will get all of it's raining out of the way tomorrow so we have nice weather the rest of the week. With all the reaching and painting that I did, my shoulder is killing me. I thought I had fiinally healed up from the company picnic in September where I hurt my shoulder playing tug-o-war. I guess my injuries of old have never completely healed as it now kills me to lift JT. Rotator cuff injuries are nothing to laugh at. Even the simple task of answering the phone at work requires some manuevering in my seat and assistance from my right hand to get my left arm up on the desk. Give me another month or so and I'll be healed up enough to get me through.
Are you ready for some football? Oh wait, no, we're going to a high school reunion. Kevin's 20th. Which means my 20th is only 3 short years away and I contemplate going or not. If I go, there is plenty of stories to talk about. At my ten year, I was 3 years divorced from my ex-husband (hi Brian!) and living with a woman whom I maintained a relationship with for about 10 years. At my twentieth I will have come full circle and return 4 years married and with a son.
My high school days weren't my glory days or anything so it isn't real important for me to go back and reconnect with the class of 89. The 535 kids I graduated with weren't my best friends. I can count on one hand the people I hung out with, if that. My best friend went to high school in a little town, graduating the year after I did. Our relationship changed when she moved but even after all these years and the space between us, when I go home to visit in Minnesota she and I pick up like it was just last week. I suppose there are a few people I'd like to see again. There's Melissa - I've talked to her via email several times over the past couple of years but I'm horrible at corresponding and we've lost touch. I bet you anything she's got a MyCrack page and I could find her if I wanted. Then there's the Lewis twins, Mike G, Keith T/L, Pat, Michelle K - people that I grew up with from elementary school through graduation. While we may not have connected completely, I'm enough of a voyeur to want to know what's happened to them since we were Rockets.
How were your reunions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
More power to you. I have no desire to return to Liberty, TX, and the people that I would want to see from Pine Bluff I already keep in touch with. Sad, huh? Just think....you will also return with a 4 year old!!!!
I'm glad you're back. I figured you were busy with the house. I hope it sells quickly for you.
I wish I could tell you about my reunion, but we never had one. I guess that makes our class president pretty lame. I'm the type that would go just out of curiosity more than anything. Maybe something will happen for our 20th?!?!?
No reunion here either. There were only 35 of us, who went to school with eachother since preschool. You wouldn't think it'd be hard to reunite us!
I went to my ten year. The reunion was pretty boring. The after party at the bar was fun, but the real craziness started when the bars closed and we all thought we should stay out and party like rock stars all night. My mind is still spinning from the absurdity of it all. And it didn't help that Dave wasn't there to keep me in check. I truly believed I was 17 years old again, but the next day I was hurting.
Post a Comment