Thursday, January 11, 2007

AT&T, no, Cingular, no - AT&T. Or is it Bell South?

In other news, all the trouble of getting my old AT&T cell account moved to Cingular appears to have been just to mess with me and cause a butt load of billing issues. Now we're in for another move. Let's break it down: In November of 2005 it was SBC/AT&T with the plan of marketing Cingular service under the AT&T banner, name, something. Then in March of 2006 they (I'm not sure who "they" is) announced they would acquire Bellsouth. I think They refers to SBCATTCINGULARSOUTH. Just a few weeks ago the FCC gave it all a great big stamp of approval and now SBCATTCINGULARSOUTH announced that they will begin rebranding Cingular to AT&T. In bigger news, Mr. Steve Jobs announced on Tuesday that Cingular, no AT&T..well, soon to be AT&T will be the exclusive carriers of the iPhone in June. In his quest to make everything really really tiny, I won't be surprised if the iPhone is smaller than a dust mite. That works out fine for me. I'm due for an upgrade in May and will hang around just long enough to check that phone out. Then again, that's only assuming it doesn't turn into SCATULAR by then.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Okay. I am confused.