Thursday, February 22, 2007

Date Night

Thank you to Tia Grace for watching JT tonight while my boyfriend husband and I went on a date. We did the usual date stuff, you know, like go to Walmart for wiper blades. We said no way to Pei Wei and went to China Buffet, I was brave and tried new stuff. Yes to Spring Rolls in Peanut Sauce and no to crab cakes with lobster and other sort of things inside. Eww. After our pants stopped fitting we went to G&S to see the Beer Nazi and play pool. The beer nazi was his old cheerful self and honestly, I've never ever had a problem with him. If you didn't get your beer, that's your bad behaviour and crappy manners. You should have listened to your mama. We played 5 games of pool, only 1 of which I won and then threw $5 dollars into the back rooms trivia thing. I surprised Kevin (and myself) with my keen knowledge of Geography and Science, he with the History and Sports. Okay, I lied, I don't have much keen'ish knowledge of either of those things but I sure did clean house on Entertainment and Personalities! In between our games of pool and trivia we played an old hockey game. Kevin graciously volunteered to be the Russians/Red and once we started I discovered that my left defense player was off his rocker. Literally. I had to wait for the Russian to push me towards my own goal so I could rescue the puck. Dumb. Needless to say I lost. It was weird being without JT. Weird not rushing home, for dinner, to play with him, rushing to pick up the toys, to give him a bath, to get in 15 minutes of reading, to get him to bed. I didn't obsess over not being with him like I thought I would. We didn't spend the entire night talking about him and we didn't spend the night talking about the rest of our family either. It was a nice 4 hours focused on just the two of us. Date night rocks.

No comments: