Thursday, February 22, 2007
Just getting started
I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with some stuff to write about; afterall, it's been 11 months since the good doctor pulled a person out of my stomach. Instead of a blob o'yellow baby, we now have a walking, talking, arm waving, cat chasing, dog food eating, cackling little boy.
The three of us snuggled on one side of the king size bed last night when JT finally woke up around 3:30 and we were just going to bed. We talked about how much fun he's getting to be, how we were jealous of Tia Grace and her family having such a good time with him and wishing we could have watched how he interacted with them. We must say to each other, "He's so damn cute!" about a hundred times a day. We stop and look at him and then look at each other and smile. We did this.
I was driving home tonight and witnessed a couple and a young girl in the parking lot of a McDonalds. Now, I don't know what was going on but the first thing I thought of was it's the Thursday night switcheroo at Mickey D's. You know, Dad is starting his rotation on visitation through Sunday. The light was red so I was able to sit and watch the little girl leap into her (alleged)dad's arm and he swung her around and rocked her back and forth. The (alleged) mom proceeded to take out a duffel bag and throw it into the other car. It broke my heart.
It made me think of Anna Nicole's baby girl without her mom, it made me think of Britney's two sons who don't really know her. I can't imagine not wanting to be a part of my son's life. I can't imagine having to explain to JT that it's time to go stay with Dad. I can't imagine being Dad and having to go days without seeing your child.
I got home and told Kevin what I saw and that I didn't ever want that to be us. I am committed to being hands on parents for life. Together. I know it's not going to be easy - it's already been hard - but we are a great balance for each other and I firmly believe we've got this parenting and marriage thing on the right track.
Well. I guess I found something to write about....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
David and I had a similar discussion, spurred by ANS and BS. It is so sad, isn't it? I can't imagine it either. I can't imagine sharing custody. Not just because I wouldn't want to miss anything but because I also love the way Spencer and David interact together. I wouldn't want to miss seeing that either! And those 3am, cuddling on one side of the bed moments? Those are the best! *unless your baby has croup or is teething..then not so fun.
Post some more pics please! I miss my cheeky boy!
Amen on the pics! We know he's cute...but better make sure we don't forget!
Post a Comment