Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Spurs have a 21 point lead so I'm taking time to do a little writing. Our phones were due for an upgrade on Sunday so yesterday I went looking during my lunch hour; I just wanted to see what was out there. Today I pick up my phone and the display that shows the model number of the phone stayed on, no other screen. I tried to power it off and couldn't do it so I just threw it in my purse and headed to work. Half-way there I put it on the charger and at least got it to recognize it was doing that. Since I work in a call center I keep my phone on vibrate during the day (okay, and most nights too, sorry people) and when I went to switch it there was nothing but a pale white screen. Fine. A few hours later I still had the same thing, couldn't get the battery off the back and the screen was getting hot. I've heard of burning up a phone before but never expected to be a witness to such an event. I asked Lisa to get it off. She couldn't do it. I tried the old fashion lint brush by jamming it against the tiny ledge of the battery clip and still got nowhere. After using a metal nail file to pry the battery cover off I discovered the edge of it completely lined in dirt. And cookies. My lunch hour was spent browsing for new phones for the hubby and myself. I ended up buying today - a pink one for moi and a black one for Kevin. This way I won't grab his by mistake on the way out in the mornings. I got home all excited tonight because Kevin was making Trout for dinner. It was going to be my first time eating it, can you believe it? I'm trying to expand my food likes and hopefully narrow my dislikes. Anyhoo, I pulled into the driveway and started laughing like crazy, almost running over two of our three dogs. There was JT, sitting in the pool, cool as a cucumber and smiling like the crazy boy he was. I jumped out of the car still laughing and had to laugh harder since he was naked. I guess that's a benefit to living out in the country! After dinner, which was amazing - I love trout, JT and I were wrestling around on the floor and he stopped and started in on his tripod poses. Now he really stretches his head so he can look around and between his legs. He grunts and then laughs. When we went in to say goodnight to Dad, JT sat and "computed" and I asked Kevin if he'd seen him do that. "Yeah, he's copying me from when I do my stretches." Like Father like Son. Stretching, not swimming naked in the yard. (I had to adjust my phone settings to be able to get that picture here so as soon as my access is restored I'll edit and add in the picture) Go Spurs! SPURS 95 vs UTAH 68

2 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

I've gotta laugh because Emily destroyed both of our cell phones with her slobber. We had to buy new phones, too.

Can't wait to see pics!

Rinny said...

Congrats on the new phones! I know you will love them. Maybe you can teach me how to get pictures off mine. Never really fooled with it. Now we are phone buddies.

Love you, love your hubby, love your kid!