So on Monday night it dawned on me that I should have had my period Friday or Saturday. I told myself that it's probably late because of the stress and worry about working all by myself this week. If there's still nothing in the morning I'll take a test, which I hate, because it never fails that I take it and 4 hours later I start. Money down the drain!
I woke up Tuesday, late, but in the same condition I went to bed in. I quickly threw on my makeup, clothes and in the very last second, grabbed a test and scooted out the door.
Thankfully nobody was in the office because I was having quite the conversation with myself.
There's no way I could be pregnant.
Yes there is.
I can't be pregnant, we still don't have insurance.
You don't need insurance to get knocked up.
We only have 3 bedrooms - where would we put a crib?
In your giant bedroom.
Where will guests sleep if we've got to have another bedroom for another kiddo?
You'll figure it out.
I just got on track to getting my body back - only 10 more pounds!
Then try again, sister.
I was going to wear a bikini on my 40th birthday!
You better work harder, sooner, this time.
What if it's a boy and I've given all his stuff away?
Craigslist.
What if it's a girl and we have to start all over?
Craigslist.
Kevin's mom would be thrilled if it's a girl.
She's not raising her.
Any of the grandparents would be thrilled with another grandchild.
ACK!
And then I wondered if I should call Kevin. Is it appropriate to call and say, "Hey there's a chance I might be pregnant so I'm going to take a test to check it out." Or do I need to keep that info to myself? Do I call him and make him fret all day? Do I wait until I come home and tell him and then take the test?
It went on and on like this for an hour. I had a hard time concentrating and finally decided to just go pee on the stick and find out once and for all....
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SOOOOOO????
Sooooooo....you'll have to wait for Part 3!
Post a Comment